The first week of July, exactly half way through the year! Can you believe it? Those warm sunny days are definitely here, longer lighter evenings, picnics in the park & being able to feel the cool breeze on your sandaled feet are just some of the many wonderful delights that summer brings. With that in mind, the 6 month mark is a poignant time to give your home a bit of a lift and spruce with a mini makeover. Here are some handy tips to help you update your kids room with a summer makeover and reflect the bright summer season without having to redecorate the whole room from scratch!
Does the decor that worked perfectly for those cold cosy winter evenings now look somewhat dull & drab in comparison to the view from the window outside?
Start by de-cluttering & giving the room a thorough clean. Nothing refreshes a room like getting rid of junk that you no longer really want/use and truly making everything you have left sparkle. Tidy toys away in drawers and shelves.
- Play around with moving the furniture to different spots in the room, this instantly refreshes a room & gives it a new lease of life.
- Update the current bedding for a more vibrant colour and pattern. If you keep hold of the old bed spread too you can start to build a small collection that you can then alternate throughout the year to match the different seasons.
- Add new accessories to give the room a lift, wall art is an easy way to update a room. Use different size prints & frames hung next to each other for a more eclectic style.
- A simple way to refresh the furniture in your kids room is by adding some fun new door knobs. These are available in such a vast array of different colours & designs that your be sure to find some to fit your style perfectly.
- Think about scents associated to summer like lavender for example, why not hang a lavender scented freshener or make up a bowl of dried lavender? An easy way to freshen the room & create that summary feeling indoors.
- Wall stickers are a fun way to easily update a kids room without having the hassle of hanging wall paper or painting the whole wall. There are such a wide variety to choose from you should have no trouble finding a design to compliment your kids room.
- Curtains are ideal for the winter as they shut out the dark nights and also help to keep out the cold draft, however in the summer you need something that lets the light in and keep the room cooler. Why not update the curtains for a roman blind or sheer curtains depending on which would work best with the size and shape of your window.
I hope this has inspired you to give your kids room a mini make over. Remember you don’t have to follow each tip but maybe just pick out a couple that you particularly think would work well for the style of your room.
Have you recently carried out a mini make over? Share your ideas and tips with us….
Leave a Comment »